In this post, we give you all the information you need about the Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment 2021. Here you will see the official FCSC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
This post is for the teaming Nigerian audience who are interested in the recruitment exercise of the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC). If you are a Nigerian citizen asking when the next recruitment of the FCSC will begin? You are at the right place. In this post I will provide you with hints and guides on the current status, requirements, application process, application guide and success tips for the Federal Civil Service recruitment for this year.
About the Federal Civil Service Commission
The Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC is a government agency in Nigeria operating under the Ministry of the Interior and has the mandate of appointing, posting, promoting and exercising disciplinary functions over employees of the Federal government otherwise known as Civil Servants or Public Servants.
The Federal Civil Service Commission performs many duties on behalf of the government of the federation among which are:
- Representation of the Civil Service Commissioners at Senior staff meetings of Ministries
- Review and approval of recommendations on disciplinary cases of Senior Civil Servants
- Recruitment of Senior Officers into the Civil Service
- Ratification of promotion of offices to Senior Civil Servants
- Hearing appeals on matters of appointments, promotion and discipline
- Providing guidelines on appointments, promotion and discipline.
The FCSC is headquartered at No. 4, Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, Nigeria. The Commission had undergone so many reforms since Independence in 1960 namely: the Margan Commission of 1963, the Adebo Commission of 1971, the Udoji Commission of 1973 – 1974, the Dotun Philip Commission of 1985 (the most benevolent and acclaimed efficient) of all the reform panels of the Federal Civil Service.
Career Overview in the Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC
The Federal Civil Service is one of the sought after places to work in Nigeria given the relative comfort, service benefits, retirement packages etc. Like other Federal government agencies, the Federal Civil Service Commission operates in similar administrative structure with many departments under the Ministry of Interior. These departments have heads with different nomenclatures. The departments are as follows:
- Civil Service Commission Board
- Executive Support
- Corporate Human Picked and Programme
- Employee and Family Assistance Programme
- Organisation and Staff Development
- Labour Relations Department
- Supportive Employee Services
- Report and Expenses department
According to Wikipedia, all staff of the Federal Civil Service Commission except the Chairman and Commissioners are directly controlled by the head of the Civil Service who is currently Mrs Folashade Mejabi Yemi Esan.
The Federal Civil Service annually recruits qualified manpower into Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). Quota of the FCSC recruitment is shared among the following MDAs: